- This event has passed.
Women Empower Forum 2020 – CLUJ
December 4, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am EET
The Women Empower Forum was first organised in Cluj in December 2019, as a local initiative under the global 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence.
Due to the worsening Covid-19 situation, the WEF 2020 Cluj, which was originally intended as a full-day event at Platinia Conference Centre, will now be organised online via Zoom, in EN and RO.
The Forum brings together women from different backgrounds with the goal of sharing their successes and challenges and empowering the next generations of women in Romania to strive for their dreams.
This forum is part of the global 16 Day Campaign Against Gender-Based Violence. Aligning with the 16 Days global theme, this year’s focus will be on amplifying the voices of women workers in the informal economy, while continuing to call for the ratification of ILO Convention 190 and to end all forms of GBV in private and public spaces.
The webinar will include a plenary session, featuring a selection of exceptional women from different professional fields and walks of life, followed by smaller breakout groups by theme, where the participants can engage with speakers and each other in a more intimate setting.
We welcome women and men of all ages and backgrounds to join us in this important conversation.
- Mihaela Kovacs: Director at Fundatia Beraca in Sighisoara, social worker and long-term advocate for the Roma community in Romania. In the last 5 years, she has been working specifically with integration of Roma women in the job market.
- Carmen Asavoaie: Radiologist at Spitalul Clinic de Urgenţă pentru Copii Cluj-Napoca. She’s a mother and a local community church leader who is committed to working with integrity and dedication.
- Elisabeta Blondel: Hypermarket Director at Carrefour for 15 years, committed to enhancing diversity and social inclusion in the workplace. “It could take us out of our comfort zone but it helps us to grow”.
- Georgiana Bighescu: Graduate student of the Animation and Puppet Theatre, at Arts University in Targu Mures; a young leader in Special Olympics and the founder of H.O.P.E. – an NGO in Arad which focuses on helping children and young adults with and without intellectual disabilities
- Prof. Roxana Vidican: Dean at the University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca.
To secure your (FREE) spot, please register at this link: https://forms.gle/jGac8DMk3JBr3WxEA