- This event has passed.
Women Empower Forum 2020 – GLOBAL
November 25, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm EET
The Women Empower Forum was first organised in December 2019, in Cluj-Napoca, as a local initiative, aligned with the global 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence.
This year, we are offering the first ever Women Empower Forum GLOBAL edition, which is set to take place on the 25th of November. The event will be organised online through Zoom and live-streamed on social media. It is open to women and men of all ages, from all backgrounds and walks of life.
The WEF 2020 Global brings together exceptional women from different backgrounds and from across the world, and offers a platform of sharing successes and challenges, and empowering the next generations of women to overcome barriers and strive for their dreams.
This year, our focus will be on amplifying the voices of women who have lived the life, faced challenges and overcome (or simply survived) them. It is also part of a continual effort to call for the ratification of ILO Convention 190 and to end all forms of GBV in private and public spaces.
After the presentations from our plenary speakers, we invite our participants to join in an interactive Q&A session.
- Elizabeth Askren: One of the few female conductors in the world, and Founder and Artistic Director of TOA – Transilvanian Opera Academy.
- Edlira Cepani: Lawyer and human rights activist from Albania, who leads the women’s network “Equality in Decision Making”, a network of women in politics.
- Catherine Lourdes Dy, PhD: Academic-practitioner awarded a European Joint Doctorate from Rome and Brussels, working in the field of migration and sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV)
- Anita Bakkenes: Mother of three, proud grandmother, and at the age of 51 still living her dream and participating in the BMX World Championship.
- Nancy Ostrowski: 9/11 survivor and currently USAID Deputy Development Advisor/Pentagon, long-term gender advocate.
To take part in this event, please make sure to register here.