Aligning with the 16 Days global theme, this year’s focus will be on amplifying the voices of women workers in the informal economy, while continuing to call for the ratification of ILO Convention 190 and to end all forms of GBV in private and public spaces.
The webinar includes a plenary session, featuring a selection of exceptional women from different professional fields and walks of life. This is followed by smaller breakout groups by theme, where the participants can engage with speakers and each other in a more intimate setting.
The webinar will take place on Friday, December 4th, at 10.00-11.30am EET (UCT+2). To accommodate the wider international community, it will be hosted in both Romanian and English.
The plenary speakers are
- Elisabeta Blondel: Hypermarket Director at Carrefour for 15 years, committed to enhancing diversity and social inclusion in the workplace. “It could take us out of our comfort zone but it helps us to grow”.
- Georgiana Bighescu: Graduate student of the Animation and Puppet Theatre, at Arts University in Targu Mures; a young leader in Special Olympics and the founder of H.O.P.E. – an NGO in Arad which focuses on helping children and young adults with and without intellectual disabilities.
- Prof. Roxana Vidican: Dean at the University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca.
- Carmen Asavoaie: Radiologist at Spitalul Clinic de Urgenţă pentru Copii Cluj-Napoca. She’s a mother and a local community church leader who is committed to working with integrity and dedication.
- Mihaela Kovacs: Director at Fundatia Beraca in Sighisoara, social worker and long-term advocate for the Roma community in Romania. In the last 5 years, she has been working specifically with integration of Roma women in the job market.
Guiding us through the event are moderators Oana Garcia (E&Y) and Liviu Bocănială (Polylogos).
If you have not registered yet, there is still time – just follow this link and fill in the simple form.